Happy Friday, Friends!
This weekend is selection Sunday and if you’re a college basketball fan like me, this is the most exciting Sunday in college hoops. One of my favorite things to do every year is watch the tournament and prepare delicious food to go with it. So as you make your food selections this week, think about adding this one to your Stirlist.
Traditional 7 layer dip typically includes refried beans, sour cream, cheese, onions, tomatoes, lettuce and olives. I love 7 layer dip, but it’s hard for me to limit myself! It’s fairly high in calories and sodium. This recipe is a healthier twist that uses hummus, nonfat Greek yogurt, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives and feta cheese.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup prepared hummus (You can check out my recipe here or use plain prepared hummus)
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 TB parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 TB Greek Dressing
- 1 (2.5 oz.) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
I know what you’re thinking….Amber, this is more than 7 ingredients! True, but you’ll just have to trust me.
- Using a 11 x 7 ” baking dish, start by spreading the hummus as your base layer on the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt with the parsley and dill. Stir until combined and then spread the mixture over the hummus. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion and Greek Dressing. Stir until combined and then spread the mixture on top of the Greek yogurt layer.
- Sprinkle black olives over the tomato/cucumber/red onion mixture.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over the top and garnish with additional parsley and tomatoes if desired.