I wanted to share with you my first video. This yummy recipe combines two of my favorite things —> Lasagna and toast! Or, as my husband likes to say, “Fancy Bruschetta.” Whatever you choose to call it, it’s a fun recipe to make for friends and family when you want to shake things up a bit.
- 5-6 Slices Italian Bread
- Olive oil for toasting
- Veggie Mix:
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 medium size zucchini
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Cheese Mixture:
- 8 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- Dash of salt (You could leave this out because the parmesan is salty enough!)
- Dash of pepper
- 5-6 slices fresh Mozzarella
- 2 TB chopped basil
- Definitely watch the video, but here are step by step instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by topping bread with a light amount of olive oil on each side and either toast in the oven or in a skillet on high heat. If you toast in the oven, set your oven to broil and make sure you keep an eye on it! It will only take a few minutes to toast. If you use the oven to toast the bread, reduce heat to 350.
- Warm 1TB olive oil over medium heat in a medium size skillet. Add garlic and oregano and additional veggies. Cook until tender, but be careful to not overcook. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- For cheese mixture, combine ricotta, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Top toast with cheese mixture followed by veggies. Top with mozzarella cheese slices and bake 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh basil. (You could also put basil on before melting cheese if desired.)