Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 16oz bag cherries, fully thawed and drained
- 3 TB brown sugar
- 1/ 2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Fully thaw cherries, drain and set aside.
- Using a stand up mixer, combine softened butter and sugar and cream until mixed. Add eggs and vanilla, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl after adding each egg.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder. Add to wet mixture on low speed.
- Add milk and chocolate chips and combine well without over mixing.
- Finally, fold in cherries and combine with mixture. Scoop into muffin cups and bake 25-30 minutes until light golden brown.