- 3 packages jiffy cornbread mix prepared as directed (with 1/3 cup milk and 1 egg per box)
- 2 lbs jimmy deans sage sausage
- 1 cup onion, medium dice
- 1/3 cup carrots, medium dice
- 1/3 cup celery, medium dice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 TB poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- Prepare cornbread mix as directed and bake in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Set aside until cooled.
- Cook sausage and add onion, carrots and celery. Cook vegetables until tender and deglaze with chicken broth.
- Combine cornbread, sausage mixture, poultry seasoning, salt and eggs.
- Place mixture in a 9 x 13 baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 F.