Cranberry Orange Curd Cups
- 1 (12 oz) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 TB fresh orange juice
- 2 slivers orange peel
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- In a medium size saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, water, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, orange juice and orange peel.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook until the cranberries burst, about 10 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and let cool. Remove orange peels. Once cooled, place in a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Combine mixture with eggs and egg yolks and place in a double boiler. (Or, fill a medium size sauce pan with water and place in a mixing bowl that can sit on the top of the sauce pan.) Cook the mixture for about 10-15 minutes until thickened or until mixture reaches 170 F.)
- Pipe mixture into serving dishes and chill overnight for best results. Top with whipped cream or additional fresh fruit or sugared cranberries.