- 12 dried figs, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (or regular is fine too)
- 1/2 cup Rum
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 1.5 cups Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups white bread crumbs
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup branding for flaming the pudding (if desired)
- In a small sauce pan, combine figs and water over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer in order to help water evaporate and plump the figs.
- Once figs are plumped, add the raisins, run and brandy and bring back to a boil. At this point, you will want to flame the mixture by dipping the pan down to the burner. Please make sure you have a hood if doing this process and also a lid handy to help extinguish the flame after 1-2 minutes of cooking out the alcohol.
- Combine flour, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the eggs, brown sugar and butter. Add bread crumbs, dry mixture, fig mixture. Combine until mixed.
- Fold in the rest of the dried ingredients including cherries and cranberries.
- Using a bundt pan that has been greased with oil and butter, empty batter into the pan.
- Bake or steam at 350 F for 45 minutes. To test when it is done, place a toothpick or skewer into the center, remove and it should come out dry.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.