Peanut Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 1 – 1.25 pound chicken breast tenders
- Kosher Salt
- Cayenne Pepper
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 TB milk
- 1 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts, crushed
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 TB fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spray pan with a light amount of cooking spray.
- Lightly season chicken tenders with kosher salt, pepper and a small amount of cayenne pepper on both sides.
- Combine 3/4 cup flour with 2 tsp kosher salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Set aside.
- Combine 1 cup crushed peanuts with ½ cup bread crumbs. Set aside. (You can use a food processor to crush peanuts. Pulse peanuts until reaching a chopped consistency.)
- Combine 2 eggs and 2 TB milk. Set aside.
- Set up a breading station using seasoned flour, eggs and peanut mixture. Dredge each chicken tender in flour, then dip in egg mixture and finally coat with peanut mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes until golden brown or the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Once fully cooked, remove from baking sheet and sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges and simple honey mustard sauce.