Peanutty Banana Muffins & Peanut Farm Tour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup peanut powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chopped peanuts, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine whole wheat flour, peanut powder, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl mash bananas well. Stir in egg, yogurt, oil, vanilla, and ¼ cup chopped peanuts.
- Add banana mixture to the flour mixture all at once. Stir just until moistened, do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about three-quarters full. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup of chopped peanuts evenly over the top of the muffin batter.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.