- Butter (to butter dish)
- 2 ripe Bartlett pears, cored and sliced
- 1/3 cup+ 1 TBS granulated sugar (divided)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk or half & half
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Butter a 9 inch pie plate, distribute pear slices evenly over the bottom and sprinkle with 1 TBS sugar.
- In a medium bowl add remaining sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Whisk vigorously until frothy, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour.
- Pour batter over pears. Bake for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- If desired, dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately, with a dollop of whipped cream.