Pork & Pineapple Skewers
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into cubes
- 1/2 whole fresh pineapple (peeled), cored and cubed
- cooking spray, kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 TB ketchup
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 3 TB sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup green onions, diced
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Prep skewers by threading with pineapple and pork pieces. Spray lightly with canola spray and add a dash of salt and pepper. Place on hot grill (at an angle) and cook until pork has reached an internal temperature of 145 F.
- For sauce: combine pineapple juice, ketchup, rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, sriracha and sugar. Place in a saucepan and warm over medium heat until sauce simmers. Add cornstarch and cook an additional 3-5 minutes until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and serve with skewers as a dipping sauce or drizzle over the top.
- Garnish skewers with green onions and serve with sauce.