Pyshna Pechenia (Stuffed Pork Loin)
- 2.5 lb boneless pork loin
- 5 oz bacon + 5-6 slices for barding
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 oz eggs
- 1 TB fresh parsley
- 1 TB fresh dill
- 1 TB fresh Basil
- 1.5 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, finely minced
- 2 oz. bread crumbs
- 2 oz. honey
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice an opening in the center of the pork loin on each side and extend all the way through. Make sure the hole is wide enough for the filling. (Another option is to butterfly the pork loin.)
- For the filling, cook 5 oz of bacon and slice into small pieces. Combine cooked bacon with ground pork, eggs, parsley, dill, basil, salt, pepper, garlic and bread crumbs.
- Stuff the pork loin with the filling.
- After filling, wrap the pork loin in bacon. One option is to create a bacon weave and then wrap around the loin with the fat side up. Make sure that you have enough bacon to wrap around the pork loin.
- Combine honey and dry sherry for a basting liquid.
- If you butterfly the pork loin, secure with butcher twine.
- Cook for 45 minutes using a baking sheet and baking rack. Remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil. Return back to oven and continue to cook for another 30-45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 155 F.
- Throughout the cooking process, baste with honey and sherry every 20 minutes.