- 2 TB butter
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 TB cornstarch
- 2 TB water
- 1/2 sauerkraut, drained and rinsed (must rinse!!)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups or 1/2 pound cooked corned beef (cubed or chopped into small pieces)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Garnish with green onion
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery and garlic and saute until tender.
- Once vegetables are tender, add chicken broth.
- In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the pan and stir. Bring to a boil and then cook and until thickened. (About 1-2 minutes)
- Reduce heat and add sauerkraut. Stir well.
- Add milk, corned beef and pepper and stir until combined.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and serve.
- Garnish with chopped green onion if desired.