Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Peanuts
- 1.5 lbs Brussels Sprouts, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1 TB Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 8 oz Bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 TB Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Toss trimmed Brussels Sprouts with Peanut Oil, Salt and Pepper and place on a baking sheet. Roast at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- While Brussels Sprouts are roasting place bacon in saute pan and cook over medium heat until bacon is crisp and fat is rendered. Remove bacon leaving the fat in the pan and set aside. Using the same pan with the bacon fat, add the red onions and saute over medium heat until the onions are lightly caramelized.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to deglaze the pan, stirring the onions.
- In a bowl toss together the roasted brussels sprouts, cooked onions and dried cranberries. Place in serving dish and top with Peanuts and crisp diced Bacon.