Smoked Peanut Broccoli Salad
- 1 cup peanuts, smoked and chopped
- 6 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup red onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 TB honey
- 2 TB red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1.5 TB Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup + 2 TB peanut oil
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- For best results, preheat electric smoker to 275 F. Spread peanuts on a sheet tray and smoke for about an hour or until desired flavor has been achieved. Remove and let cool. When cooled, chop and set aside.
- Blanch broccoli florets for about 1 minute and cool in ice water bath. Drain and set aside.
- Combine broccoli, red onion, raisins and peanuts in a large mixing bowl.
- For the dressing, combine honey, red wine vinegar, garlic, and Dijon mustard. Mix well. Slowly whisk in peanut oil until well combined. Taste and add salt as needed.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture, toss and let chill in refrigerator 1-2 hours before serving.