Spicy Peanut Ramen
- 1 (3oz.) package ramen
- 1 Tbsp shallot, diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup coleslaw blend or chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup finely sliced red pepper (cut into strips)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup - 2/3 cup water
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 1 TB brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro, for garnish
- Cook ramen according to package directions. Strain noodles and set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan, warm 1 TB of oil over medium high heat. Add shallot and garlic and cook until aromatic.
- Add mushrooms to pan, sauté until tender.
- Combine carrots, broccoli and red pepper into the pan and sauté about 2 minutes. Remove veg from the pan.
- Combine water, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar and Sriracha into the pan. Simmer and reduce until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Top the ramen noodles with the sauce and combine well. Top with vegetables, chopped peanuts, and cilantro.