- 1 (14-16 oz) uncooked pizza dough
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 2 qt water, boiling
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp pretzel or coarse sea salt
- Portion dough into into 1 oz sections.
- Roll the dough into "snake" lines, about 3-4 inches long. Then twist the snake, tying into a single knot, tucking the ends toward the center.
- Bring water to a boil, add baking soda and stir.
- Add pretzel dough knots into the boiling water in groups of 5 or 6, making sure not to crowd the pot. Allow to boil 3-4 minutes, until double in size. Remove and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush tops of wet dough knots with the egg.
- Top with salt.
- Bake at 425, for 15 minutes or until golden brown.