I don’t know about you, but I am so ready for spring! After spending the last few days in Arizona, I’m ready for warmer temperatures!
One of my favorite spring time foods is chicken salad. I love serving it over mixed greens or in a sandwich for a quick lunch or dinner. This is a healthy twist on a classic recipe that uses plain Greek yogurt combined with the sweet flavor of apples and the delicious tartness of cranberries.
- 1 pound poached Chicken Breasts, cubed
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 3 Red Delicious Apples- cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 6-8 oz. plain Greek Yogurt
- Dash of Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- Combine all ingredients and serve over mixed greens or in a sandwich.