MS RD LMNT CEC
Registered Dietitian and Certified Executive Chef
Those who know me best would say I like to stir the pot. I’m sassy, sarcastic and my nutrition views are based on science, not popular hype. My friends call me a “realistic nutritionist” because I recognize life can be challenging and nobody can eat perfectly all the time. I love good food, creating cool things and I’m passionate about building a community in my hometown where I live, Lincoln, NE.
As a Culinary Dietitian, I share my love for food and nutrition at Stirlist.com and I’m honored to educate the next generation of Chefs at Great Plains Culinary Institute in Lincoln, Nebraska.
In 2021, I was named “Outstanding Dietitian of the Year” from the Nebraska Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and in 2022, I was credentialed as a Certified Executive Chef.
My food philosophy stems from the simple concept that your food choices should be based on facts, not fear. Here are my golden rules:
- I believe that food is meant to be enjoyed, and it can both provide comfort and nourishment.
- Food should not be used as punishment or meant to make us feel guilty.
- There is no perfect diet.
- I believe food does play a role in living a healthy lifestyle.
- I believe that the US has the safest food supply in the world. We don’t need to fear or avoid foods because a celebrity, Chef or label tells us we should.
- Taking care of business starts by taking care of yourself.
- “Uptown Girl” (my alarm clock song)
- Drinking coffee
- Scary movies
- Learning how to prepare new recipes
- Escalators, elevators and revolving doors.
- Detoxing and cleanses.
- Nutrition advice from people who have no business giving nutrition advice.
Let’s stir things up.