Amber Pankonin, MS RD LMNT
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Culinarian
You may have seen me on local radio and television, serving as a health and wellness commentator each week on KFOR and 1011 News in Lincoln, Nebraska. I’m a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist passionate about food, nutrition science, and agriculture. I work as a freelance Nutrition Communications Consultant and Podcast Host of Healthy Under Pressure. I’m also currently attending culinary school so that I can create recipes you’ll fall in love with on my blog, Stirlist, which hosts my playlist of my recipe favorites.
My food philosophy stems from the simple concept that your food choices should be based on facts, not fear. Here are my golden rules:
- I believe that food is meant to be enjoyed, and it can both provide comfort and nourishment.
- Food should not be used as punishment or meant to make us feel guilty.
There is no perfect diet.
- I believe food does play a role in living a healthy lifestyle.
- I believe that the US has the safest food supply in the world. We don’t need to fear or avoid foods because a celebrity or label tells us we should.
- Taking care of business starts by taking care of yourself.
- Laughing the loudest in the theatre
- “Uptown Girl” (my alarm clock song)
- Drinking absurd amounts of coffee
- Scary movies
- Learning how to prepare new recipes
- Escalators, elevators and revolving doors.
- Detoxing and cleanses.
- Nutrition advice from people who have no business giving nutrition advice.