Amber Pankonin, MS RD LMNT
Registered Dietitian and Personal Chef
Those who know me best would say I like to stir the pot. I’m sassy, sarcastic and my nutrition views are based on science, not popular hype. My friends call me a “realistic nutritionist” because I recognize life can be challenging and nobody can eat perfectly all the time. I love good food, creating cool things and I’m passionate about building a community in my hometown where I live, Lincoln, NE.
I’m Amber or “RD amber” as I’m known in the Twittersphere.
As a Culinary Dietitian, I share my love for food and nutrition at Stirlist.com and I’m the host of Healthy Under Pressure, a podcast that highlights the stories and struggles of busy people learning to live healthy under pressure.
Most recently, I have joined the staff at Great Plains Culinary Institute and I’m also a local radio and television personality in Lincoln, Nebraska.
My food philosophy stems from the simple concept that your food choices should be based on facts, not fear. Here are my golden rules:
- I believe that food is meant to be enjoyed, and it can both provide comfort and nourishment.
- Food should not be used as punishment or meant to make us feel guilty.
- There is no perfect diet.
- I believe food does play a role in living a healthy lifestyle.
- I believe that the US has the safest food supply in the world. We don’t need to fear or avoid foods because a celebrity, Chef or label tells us we should.
- Taking care of business starts by taking care of yourself.
- “Uptown Girl” (my alarm clock song)
- Drinking coffee
- Scary movies
- Learning how to prepare new recipes
- Escalators, elevators and revolving doors.
- Detoxing and cleanses.
- Nutrition advice from people who have no business giving nutrition advice.
Let’s stir things up.