Happy Foodie Friday, Friends!
This conversation is sponsored by Tasty Toppings, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.
Growing up in Nebraska, I have always been familiar with Dorothy Lynch Home Style Dressing & Condiment because my Grandma kept it in her refrigerator. It wasn’t until I was in college and started shopping and cooking for myself that I realized Dorothy Lynch is made right here in Nebraska! Even though my Grandma chose to use it on salads or vegetables, I prefer to use it in sauces or marinades making it one of the most versatile condiments in my refrigerator.
Now that we’re into college football season, I’ve been hunting for new tailgate recipes and I found that air fryers are becoming increasingly more popular. In case you’re not familiar with air frying, it’s basically a very small oven that uses extremely hot, dry heat to cook food so that it tastes like it’s fried, but it’s actually not. I have made a variety of foods and recipes using an air fryer including falafel, sweet potato fries and now chicken wings. This recipe is seriously one of the best sauces I have ever made and I think it would also go well with grilled chicken, chicken skewers or even barbecue chicken pizza!
As a Registered Dietitian, I appreciate that Dorothy Lynch is lower in sodium compared to other salad dressings I have seen. It’s also gluten free and has no trans-fat, cholesterol or MSG. This recipe uses the original home style dressing but there is a fat free version available. If you live in Nebraska, you can find it in most local grocery stores or you can order online at Buy Nebraska or Amazon.
Need more inspiration? Check out additional ways you can incorporate Dorothy Lynch into your cooking.
- ¼ cup Dorothy Lynch Home Style Dressing & Condiment
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Combine all ingredients and use according to instructions provided below. This recipe makes enough to coat about 12 wings according to the cooking instructions below. So, you might want to double or make another batch for dipping!
- Cooking Instructions:
- • Please consult the cooking guidelines provided by the manufacturer for your air fryer.
- • Start by lightly salting each wing and spraying with a small amount of canola cooking spray.
- • Place 5-6 wings (thawed) in the oven chamber of your air fryer. Be sure to not overcrowd your air fryer as overcrowding can impact the cooking quality.
- • Cook for 20 minutes at 370 degrees. (Again, please check the manufacturers recommendations for wings and poultry.)
- • After wings have cooked for 20 minutes, remove from the oven chamber and coat with wing sauce. Return wings to the air fryer and cook for an additional 3 minutes at 370.
- • Remove wings from air fryer, coat with another layer of sauce, and garnish with chopped green onions. Serve immediately.