Cherry Lemonade Bars
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 TB butter (unsalted), melted
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 pound frozen black cherries (or 3 TB of cherry juice)
- 2 oz lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup AP flour
- pinch Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, powdered sugar, butter and 1/2 tsp sat. Pat mixture down in a greased 8 x 8 baking pan. Bake for 16 minutes and remove from oven.
- While crust is baking, bring frozen cherries to a simmer over medium heat in a saucepan. Crush cherries using a potato masher or blender and then strain juice. You will need at least 3 TB of juice for the custard mixture.
- Combine 3 TB of cherry juice, lemon juice, eggs, sugar, 1/3 cup flour and a pinch of salt. When crust has cooled, pour over crust and return pan to the oven for an additional 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar