This weekend is the Nebraska spring game. If you live in Nebraska, you will understand why this is important and why we celebrate! Today we are tailgating with meatballs and strawberry cider. These meatballs are prepared with 93% lean ground beef and their perfectly portioned making them a great option for tailgating.
Spring Game Meatballs
- 2 pounds 93% lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 TB Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 TB water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix together beef, eggs, breadcrumbs,Worcestershire sauce, water and salt . Portion meatballs into 1 oz. portions. This will yield about 4 dozen.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While meatballs are baking, prepare the sauce, Over medium heat, mix together grape jelly and chipotle sauce. Bring sauce to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Once meatballs are fully cooked, poor the sauce on top of the meatballs and then cook again for another 5 minutes. Or you can place meatballs in a crockpot, add the sauce, and cook on low heat until ready to serve.
- 8 cups apple juice
- 1 10 oz frozen strawberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a large stockpot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve lined with cheesecloth.
- Serve hot with fresh strawberries.