Happy Foodie Friday, Friends!
Today I’m making Honey Sesame Chicken using the Instant Pot! The weather here has been so cold lately, that this seemed like the perfect recipe heading into the weekend. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bit size pieces (lightly seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 4 oz. Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 4 oz. Honey
- 1 TB Sesame oil
- 2 TB cornstarch
- 2 TB water
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- Optional garnish: Green onions and Sesame seeds
- Using the sauté mode on your Instant pot, add 1 TB vegetable oil and let warm. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Next, add the diced chicken and stir well.
- Add ketchup, Soy Sauce and Red Pepper Flakes. Stir until well combined.
- Cancel sauté mode and secure the lid on your instant pot making sure it’s in the sealed position. Set your Instant Pot to pressure cook and set the timer for 4 minutes. (It usually takes 5-10 minutes to pressurize before it will start cooking.)
- While cooking, combine 2 TB of cornstarch with 2 TB water and create a paste. Set aside.
- After the 4 minutes of cooking, do a quick release by moving the valve in the release position letting all the steam out. Once all the steam has cleared, remove the lid and set aside.
- Cancel pressure cook and set to sauté mode once again. Add honey and sesame oil.
- Next, add the cornstarch mixture and combine with other ingredients.
- Add green onions and let the mixture simmer for few minutes in order to thicken.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice or vegetable of your choice.