My husband is in love with pasta. He loves me too, but pasta is his favorite food love. When we were first married, it was a challenge for me to figure out how to serve his favorite pasta dishes and still keep it semi healthy. In order to increase our veggie intake, I like to sneak veggies into our pasta dishes to bulk up the volume. It’s a great trick and it combines the best of both worlds.
Tip: If you really love the rich taste of garlic, use garlic infused olive oil in this recipe. I buy mine at Trader Joes.
There are days I want to eat all the pasta in the world.
Top with chopped italian parsley as a garnish. FYI, cilantro and italian parsley look A LOT alike. I love cilantro, but not on my pasta. =)
- 1 Tablespoon + .5 Teaspoon Olive oil
- 8 oz Chicken Breast
- 8 oz Fettuccine Pasta (about 1/2 of package)
- 2 large garlic cloves finely grated
- 1 medium zucchini (sliced and halved)
- 1 medium yellow squash (sliced and halved)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons sun dried tomatoes (in oil), chopped
- Lemon juice & pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- Cook Fettuccine using instructions on package.
- While Fettuccine noodles are cooking, heat .5 teaspoon of olive oil over medium high heat in small pan. Add chicken and cook until done. Remove from heat and chop into small bites.
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat and add garlic, zucchini, and yellow squash. Saute veggies until tender.
- Combine Fettuccine, veggies, chicken, salt, and sun dried tomatoes. Mix together and sprinkle with lemon and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top and serve.