Stuffed Pork Loin with Peanut Pesto and Prosciutto
- 1 (3 lb) pork loin roast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil or peanut oil
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 slices prosciutto
- Prepare the pesto by combining garlic, basil, peanuts, olive oil, parmesan and salt in a blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Once the pork has been cut and stretched, apply a thick layer of pesto on top of the pork (to the side intending to roll up.)
- On top of the petso, layer with the prosciutto. You can also add a layer of shredded parmesan cheese here too if desired.
- Roll meat into a spiral and secure with butcher's twine every 2 inches. Season with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Sear roast using a large skillet over medium-high heat before placing in the oven.
- Cook at 350 for about 30-45 minutes or until the pork has reached an internal temperature of 145 F. Let the roast sit for at least 10-15 minutes before carving.